"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, April 20, 2018

Catching up on a little art

After resting and cleaning house, I actually got a few artsy things finished this week.

Here are two more "quirky collages." The first is done with images from collage sheets from mischief circus.com. The second uses a head from Joanne Hodges'  free collage sheet paired with a body and dress from a clothing catalog. I'm still loving these - they are relaxing to do when you don't want to "create from scratch."






Next week will be my online group's annual retreat in Grapevine (usually held in July but rescheduled to April this year). The theme this year is "typography/fonts/letters."

We each have to create a tag for a swap and the tag must contain some letters.  For my tag I collaged the entire background with various letters cut from magazines, lightly gessoed over it and then used Distress Oxide inks for color.  I stamped the word on deli paper and adhered it to the background - you absolutely cannot tell that it is a separate piece. Then I layered an assortment of ephemera with a piece of measuring tape and a Tim Holtz paper doll.  The metal gears and arrow added a finishing touch.



We will each be creating a book with our own personal theme (using letters on each page). Mine will be Alice in Wonderland and I am busy gathering supplies for that.

I am also making a canvas project for a make-n-take during the retreat but I'm not yet able to share that. Busy, busy!



2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Busy, busy! Indeed you are. Good for you. I absolutely love your "quirky" pieces - there's just something about them that is so endearing. Wish I was going on the art getaway with you - I'm so in need!

Happy crafting!
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

I hope you get rested! What a busy season for most of us. I'm loving all of your funky pages and this masculine tag is fabuloso! :) Hugs, Autumn