"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I'm home from my retreat

I got home from my retreat on Sunday afternoon and will be leaving tomorrow for Austin to celebrate Mitchell's third birthday. Where did the time go? It seems like he was just born. He's such a little boy now and manages to keep up with his brother, Carl, who is 6.




I've been busy on two projects this week. First, I had to make this fleece blanket for his birthday. He loves minions so hope he will like this!





And, I made thirty invitations for my mother's 90th birthday party in June. This design ( a flip-fold card) was fun to make - the top section flips up (it is held in place with the candle on the circle), then the bottom front flips down to reveal the invitation information on the inside panel. I used an old patterned paper and a few colors of card stock that I had in my stash.





I will recap my retreat next week when I return from the birthday shenanigans.

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Can't wait to hear all about the retreat - they're always so much fun. I just know you were productive so looking forward to some pictures.

You're so fortunate to still have your mother! Soak up every precious second with her. Love the cards - but whoa! 30? Good for you.

Enjoy the shenanigans!
xo
SuZeQ

Carla said...

Retreats are sew fun and productive. Love that minions quilt. Sew cute!