This is the first completed spread in my newest altered book project.
The background started with pieces of book text and ephemera glued to the base pages. Then I added texture paste through a stencil. Once that was dry I painted over all with black gesso and sanded when it was dry. Then I added orange spray ink, red gelato and Inka Gold. The focal points are two models from a clothing catalog; the wing is half of a stamped image; and the remaining images and words are from a magazine. I added depth by smudging a black Stabilo pencil around the edges of all the images and the edges of the pages and then placed the white paint pen dots to lighten up the piece. So fun!