"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, February 15, 2019

Back from Hong Kong

We returned home from ten days in Hong Kong last Saturday afternoon and are experiencing major jet lag! I've never flown longer than a 6-7 hour flight so going to (15+ hours) and coming from (12-13 hours) Hong Kong were killers. The time change didn't bother me when we went over, but coming back has been tough. I have my nights and days mixed up and getting nothing done!

Here are a few pics from the many we took - just enough to give you an idea of the amazing time we had. In addition to the usual crowds and attractions, last week was also Chinese New Year and it was crazy! My son also said that since the recent opening of the bridge from Hong Kong to mainland China there have been hordes of Chinese visitors.


First night - walking around town and seeing the CNY decorations



Pigs were everywhere in celebration of the Year of the Pig



My son and I - I was a bit tired after 30 full hours of travel
(Dallas to Austin to San Francisco, 6 hour layover, 15 hours to HK)


Dragon dance - awesome



Nightly light show - buildings' lights choreographed plus laser show



30-minute fireworks - second night of CNY - we hiked up a mountain trail to get a good view

Yummy noodle bowls - some of the great food we experienced


More decorations




These bush/trees were everywhere with red envelopes attached. Also the kumquat plants and mums.

My son and hubby in Macau
Huge crowds everywhere

All kinds of dried fish laid out in fishing village of Cheung Chau
Me learning Chinese brush calligraphy from Master Dereck Kwon
- writing my name

This weekend we are off to Albuquerque to meet up with the whole family at my daughter's house. My son has come to the States on business and we always try to get together whenever he is here. The four grand boys adore him and he loves spending time with them too.








1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Oh WOW. Just WOW … such an experience for you. I'm happy you were able to go and see and do so many things, Susan. I'm looking forward to seeing all these pictures being scrapbooked.

Get some rest!
xo
SuZeQ

PS - your son us very handsome!