"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Art Journal

I think life has finally slowed down a bit. I've caught up on all the boys' scrapbook layouts and finished the Hong Kong mini-album. So I spent some time these past few days getting back into my art journal - it's been months since I've done any art journaling!

I finished two pages. The first one had been started a long time ago with leftover paint added to the background and then a Jane Davenport napkin (the face) glued on. I finished it by painting in the face and adding washi tape and flowers cut from a magazine at the bottom.




The second I started anew. I had seen a You Tube video (from Let's Get Inkie) using scraps and leaving lots of white space - something I strive to do but usually get carried away with lots of mediums and colors building up on the background. This is very simple but I like it a lot, especially since I used many of my blue scraps of gelli-printed papers and painty paper towels. I like the quote too and need to keep that in mind!







1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

You are a gem and a genius. Thank you for always sharing your work.

xo
SuZeQ