"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, July 19, 2019

New Altered Book

It's been a busy week! Last weekend we went to Albuquerque for our grandson's 7th birthday party, returning late Sunday night. On Monday our two grandsons from Austin arrived and stayed with us until today while their mother (a SW flight attendant) worked a trip. We had so much fun with them, taking them to the Perot Natural History and Science Museum in Dallas, swimming, and playing lots of games. Tomorrow we leave for Kansas City to visit my sister and brother-in-law for the weekend so not much time to rest!

I managed to get started on a new altered book. I completed the first spread (three pages actually) before the boys arrived. I've saved these beautiful iconic photos from a National Geographic for years and wanted to use them somehow.  The first is of a gorgeous Afghan refugee taken by a photographer in 1985. She had never had a her photo taken before. Seventeen years later, the photographer searched for her and, miraculously, found her. Although she has aged and her face shows signs of her struggles and hard life, she is still beautiful. (The modern images I used on the other pages hardly compare but I needed to complete the spread!)


Pages 1 and 2




Back of Page 2 and Page 3



This summer has been so hectic, I am glad to finally be getting back to some creative time!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Love the altered book … want to see more.

Enjoy your grands and traveling.
xo
SuZeQ