"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Paper Whimsy girls and metal tape

I finished this page the night before I left town (when I was supposed to be packing!) and have scheduled it to post while I am gone.

I love these girls from Paper Whimsy and covered them on the page with square Tim Holtz clear fragments (remember those?). I edged the fragment tiles with gold soldering tape.

Once those were secured, I glued on washers, rings, a chipboard flourish and pieces of drywall tape for texture. The entire page (except the photos) was covered with pieces of silver ducting tape (not duct tape). This is the tape wrapped around heating pipes and can be found on a large roll in home improvement stores. Then I burnished the tape well to reveal all the interesting textures. Here you can see the page at this stage.


Then it was time to paint over the tape with black gesso. I let it dry almost completely and then wiped with a dry paper towel.  I love this technique and have used it before in another altered book and also on a cover.


The strip at the top of the page is a piece of black metal dry embossed with a Ten Seconds Studio border mold.  I've had that laying around for awhile! I liked the added texture it gave to this page.


2 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Turned out great ... I should get some of my stuff out ... you inspire me!

Sue Kosec said...

Love Love Love … no other words!

xo
SuZeQ