"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Trying to revive my muse

It's been awhile since I've done much artful creating. What with the remodel and then refinishing lots of furniture, I have not been in my art room except for a few small swap pieces to send off.

Things are settling down now and I'm taking a break from the furniture painting - at least for now as there are more pieces I would like to redo - so I'm trying to find my muse again.  This came in the mail yesterday. I was about to throw it away but since it's basically a big sheet of sticker paper, I thought I would art it up for future stickers.


First I spread a light coat of gesso on it to subdue the colors and writing.



And this is what I ended up with after several layers of scraped paint, stenciling, stamping and splatters. It was fun to just let loose and not care about the outcome! And you can't even tell what it was originally.



Now I have some great background paper to punch or tear to add to future art journal pages or mixed media projects.  Here's an example of a punched 2.5" circle which is perfect for the start of an Altered Trading Coin.



So, the muse is taking baby steps back. Hopefully she will jump right in soon!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

You are so creative, Smarty Pants. I wish your muse would visit me.

xo
SuZeQ