"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December Daily - Days 12 - 18

Days 12 and 13 

The little red truck background on Day 12 is tissue paper. I added a buffalo plaid pocket with washi tape that was on an envelope I received. The card inside the pocket is one that I made last year at a retreat from another gal's sample. I love it so much I know I will never send it and it was perfect for the journaling on this page.

On Day 12 I used scrapbook paper on the background and added a paper gift bag I bought this year. Inside is a large tag I made from scraps for journaling.



Days 14 and 15

Day 14 is when I was at a friend's house for the weekend and she had an open house on Saturday. At the upper left I glued on her invitation, leaving the right side open for a pocket and a journaled tag. At the bottom right corner is one of the little gift card holders we made at her party. Inside I stuck two tags - one for journaling and one for a tiny photo of the second gift for the 12 Days of Christmas swap I'm in. I also added a photo of some of us crafting that day.


 

Day 15 has a drop down gift card holder that was a make 'n take at the Little Blue House several years ago when I was teaching there. Inside I added some of the packaging from my third day's gift along with its tag and a little photo.



Days 16 and 17

I added a ribbon vertically to Day 16's page and used it as a "belly band" to hold a beautiful handmade card I received. I taped the side and bottom of the card to make a pocket and added a tag on which I placed a photo of the fourth day's gift of the swap.

The background of Day 17 is kraft wrapping paper with candy canes. I thought that was appropriate for that day as it's when my friend and I made candy cane cookies together. I journaled on the back of the candy cane card front and also used a recipe card to journal more about our family's tradition of these cookies.



Day 18

Day 18 has a plaid scrapbook paper background with a slanted pocket at the bottom. I decoupaged part of a poinsettia napkin on the pocket and also added a little postmark that was from the wrapping of my fifth day's swap gift. Inside the pocket I placed another handmade card I received along with the tag from the swap gift (I placed a photo of the gift on the back).



We are leaving tomorrow for a week with our family in Sedona, Arizona. All but one daughter will be with us for Christmas week. I will try to pre-schedule a few posts for when I'm gone.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Love this Susan such great memories in one place so in the future you can revisit it easily ... you always do such great work especially with your journals