"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Online weekly challenges

 I spent this past weekend with three other art friends at our own personal "retreat." We had lots of fun, ate good food, laughed a lot and I finished up lots of small projects.

I am a member of an online art group and we have small weekly "challenges."  A few weeks ago, the challenge was to create three different pieces of art on index cards. I made these.



Another week the challenge was to make a "master board" and from that make little gratitude affirmation cards. My master board had many layers - collaged book text, gesso, swiped acrylic paints, stamped text, stenciling with white and turquoise acrylic paints and black ink splatters.



Then I cut it into six cards. Here are two unadorned samples.



And the six decorated, finished cards. I sewed around the word strips then adhered tea-dyed paper to the backs and sewed around the edges.



Last week the challenge was to use aqua. I made this mixed media 4" x 6" postcard/journal card from a postcard junk mail ad. I used collaged papers on the background spritzed with brown Distress Ink and aqua Color Burst and lots of water. I embellished with some torn drywall tape, black and white ink splatters and many old number stickers that I'm trying to use up. The final step was stitching around the edges - love to stitch on paper and it adds so much to the final piece.








No comments: