"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Class samples



It's going to be a busy weekend with no time for art, but I've been wanting to post these samples for classes I'm teaching at Recollections. This first picture is for a basic card class - no stamping (though I did add the "fun" with foam stamps), just papers and embellishments.

This one is the left page of a two-page layout for an advanced scrapbook class. Unfortunately, I did not get the pictures taken until after the class. When I went in to take photos, the other half of the layout had disappeared!! Apparently someone just walked off with it. (People cease to amaze me...) The other side was pretty neat. I had used the "waterfall" mechanism (you can see a sample of this on one of the more recent webisodes on Craft TV Weekly) to highlight several smaller pictures and journaling. I love these old sepia photos of my husband's grandmother in the 1930's on the beach.



This is a "Hooked on Stamps" class teaching different techniques. These cards use (1) the split-negative technique; (2) cracked glass technique; (3) adding Perfect Pearls powdered pigments to stamped image; and (4) alcohol inks on acetate.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

cool stuff Susan ... your students will enjoy these classes .... Linda F