"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Time flies!

I can hardly believe it's been ten days since my last post. It's been a busy week full of birthdays (mine, my husband's and a daughter's) plus getting my youngest ready to go to Chicago for her sophomore year of college. This was a fairly recent development with details still being worked out today, but she flies out tomorrow morning very early. (Boo hoo) In fact, I'm supposed to be helping pack...

Thought I'd post a few random projects. Several people on one of my online groups were talking about doing more RAKs and someone said she was going to put all the names in a jar and just pick out a few each week. Another gal came up with the name of "Art of Random Thoughtfulness" (ART) which I really liked, so I decorated a small glass jar with ribbon and a label using this. I printed out the names of all our members plus their addresses. I can now pull out a name and send off a RAK without having to look for the address. Once I send one, I will throw out that paper so there will be no duplicates and I will be able to send something to everyone. This system is working well so far. Sorry for the poor photo - it's hard to see the jar on the black background- but here's my ART jar:

My local art group met last week and we made little books using one piece of 12 x 12 cardstock, two squares of lightweight cardboard for covers and a yard of ribbon. The trick is all in the folding and cutting of the cardstock. We used Xmas paper for the cover and gold-embossed Stampington's "The Twelve Days of Christmas" stamp set on the pages. These little cuties are only 3 1/4" square.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Very clever Susan and what a nice Christmas card/giftie ..... Linda F