"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Art Journal

I've been meaning to start an art journal for a long, long time. I had even saved this nice artist sketchbook that was left over, untouched, from my daughter's college classes over 5 years ago! Last year I finally got around to randomly painting various pages, because I had read that that would help get over the "blank page" syndrome. But that's as far as I got. I took it with me to Chicago recently and FINALLY started one page. I had limited supplies with me but I cut out all these blue definitions from a Xerox ad and started gluing them to the page. It's really hard to read in this scan, but there are some great names: chlorine blue; 6:41 am dawn bllue; tv glow blue; navy blazer blue; blue punch blue. I can't say I love this page, but I am excited I have done at least one. Maybe they will get easier as I go. I think I need to get over the feeling that it should be a "finished" artwork. This is playtime, after all!

2 comments:

Monica-FC said...

way cool. I just finished making an altered journal also which is on my blog. groovy dude.

Linda Manning Findley said...

good luck with this Susan ... I still have a problem doing one all I want to do is put things into my Altered Books ..... Linda F