"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter card

I've been so busy the past week that I never did get around to making St. Patrick's Day cards. And today, I realized I needed to get busy and get at least one Easter card in the mail for my Mom! So here is the quick little card I made her. It's mostly layered papers, but the sweet little bunny (a PSX stamp) was stamped in Brilliance Lightning Black on a champagne shimmery paper. I love Lightning Black as it's not as harsh as regular black and has a goldish shimmer to it.

Instead of creating paper arts this week, I am in the middle of a huge sewing project for a friend. I'm making a king-sized bedspread, four king pillow shams, two 20" decorative pillows, a 20" pillow roll, dresser and nightstand runners and four window valances. There is fabric all over the house! It's lovely Waverly fabric so it's a dream to sew on except for the sheer bulk of the bedspread! I sure hope she likes the ensemble when it's finished.

I've also just signed up for an online class for Photoshop Elements that I recently purchased. It's a six-week course through Eclectic Academy. They have a great assortment of different classes and a few years ago I took one on Altered Books and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have "homework" looming so better start that! I'll be posting the assignments on here as they are completed as the instructor needs to see them.

No comments: