"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter returned to Texas - and misc

After hitting 86 degrees on Thursday and we were tempted to turn on the AC, this weekend turned cold again, at least for Texas. It's been in the 20's and 30's overnight and we had to cover the plants! There's a saying in Texas that if you don't like the weather, just wait a bit and it will change. So very true. Now that Mother Nature has gotten that out of her system, I hope spring is on it's way.

I worked on a few projects this weekend and today for a submission to a design team. I have a few more days until the deadline and I still need to do at least one more project. I'll share them later once I've submitted them.
On my last trip to Michael's, I found new punches. These are made by EK Success and are ingenious. They lock for storing and are stackable. There were lots of designs that I haven't seen in other companies' punches. They are also fairly reasonable, especially if you use a coupon. The regular punches are $9.99 and the borders are $14.99. This is the one I bought to try out.

It worked well, punching easily through cardstock. I really like that they have labeled the side of the punch with a picture of what it looks like. The photo below shows it in a locked position which is flat and smaller than when it is opened. The little turquoise button on the bottom is the lock.

I noticed that there is even a divided plastic storage case for the regular punches. Maybe they will come out with one for the border punches as well. I think this is a great new idea and especially like that they are so much easier to store than the older punches. Now I'm just wondering how I can justify purchasing these when I have drawers full of the other ones!

No comments: