"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, February 27, 2009

Thank you cards

I've spent most of today assembling "stuff" to take to a 6-hour crop tonight. It's so hard to know what you will need, so I try to determine a few projects and just work on them. Tonight I hope to finish a mini-book album for our Christmas trip to Mexico and to start working on Save-the-Date cards for my daughter's wedding. She "approved" this design but I don't know how many, nor do we have the url for the website yet, so for now I will just start cutting and doing the embossing.
I did manage to also make a few much-needed thank you cards. The dress image (Renaissance Art Stamps) was stamped with Twinkling H2Os applied directly to the stamp. I love this technique and it works particularly well on solid stamps such as this because you see more of the pigment and the shimmery quality of these watercolors. By the way, I've heard that the company that makes these (Luminarte) is going out of business and is having a close-out sale on their website. If you like these, stock up now before they are gone!


If you like banners (yes, I do!), check out the ones that Aileen of Outside the Margins has been making and posted on her blog here. She even has a banner giveaway going on right now.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Great Save the Date card and Thank You's .... you have been a busy little beaver ...... Linda F