"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, May 31, 2009

MIA

I apologize for being absent almost a week. I spent a good part of last week getting ready for Cre8Joy's Open House - we showcased all our upcoming classes, had a make-n-take and served refreshments. It was very successful and we had lots of sign-ups.

One of my classes will be a vintage "suitcase" and travel/heritage book. This took alot of my time the past few weeks, but I can now share pictures. I designed this so that it could be used as a memento scrapbook of a special trip or used for treasured vintage photographs.

The "suitcase" box and book are from Maya Road and the book fits inside the box, even with all the embellishments. Here are pictures of the top of the box and a sideview. You can't make it out in the pictures, but the "luggage label" has a stamped transparency which says "destination unknown." The box has a frosted acrylic inset which I backed with some items and then collaged additional items on top. This gives added dimension.


This is the front cover of the book. The square is actually cut out from the cover with clear acrylic added. (The patterned paper that shows through is from the first page of the book.) Adhered to the top of the acrylic is a collage sandwiched inside a Tim Holts memory capsule frame.

Here are the inside pages. I used twill ribbon, stamped acetate, buttons, other ribbon, foreign coins, an old map page, tickets, copies of old postcards, postage stamps and various other ephemera to embellish.











I used Graphic 45's "Transatlantique" papers, another fab paper line from that company. This was super fun to do once I got into the groove. And, of course, I hope that many people will sign up!

1 comment:

Robin said...

That is awesome Susan! I'm sure you will have a full class.