"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, May 15, 2009

Scraps

What do you do with your scraps? Do you throw them away? Do you save them but never use them?

I am known for saving just about everything, but I do use my scraps. It helps that I tend to work small, making cards, ATCs, collages, etc. My friend Jaclyn, who also teaches classes with Cre8Joy Workshops, is a scrapbooker and doesn't save alot of her scraps. I give her a hard time about it and recently, after prepping kits for a layout class, she handed me all her little scrap pieces. I thought I would challenge myself to see what I could do with these bits and pieces. And here is the result - TEN cards from scraps! Any patterned pieces in the following cards were the scraps. Of course I had to add the card bases, stamps, inks, and assorted embellishments.

So here you go, Jaclyn! When I finished, I had two tiny bits that I did actually throw away!
















2 comments:

Robin said...

This is just fabulous Susan! I too am a scrap paper saver and love what you did with these. I especially like the card with the paper flowers...so creative!!

Nancy B said...

Yes, I save my scraps too. I have a rolling file cart that has large scrap paper on top and scraps by color on the bottom. They are easy to get to so I do use them all the time.
Your cards look beautiful!