"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all

Today is the first day of fall and I'm loving it. A storm blew into Texas last night, knocking the temps down to the 70's from the 90's, and it actually almost feels like fall for a change!

And speaking of fall, I've finally finished my hanging for an online "Black Hat Society Hangie Danglie" Swap. The only parameters were to include a witch, a hat and something dangling. My piece went to Robin and I hope she doesn't see it here before receiving it.

The background was made by glueing napkins to a heavy cardboard base (cut from an oversize box of Wheat Thins! - I love to recycle things destined for the trash). I toned it down a bit with some gesso and green ink. The witch and pumpkin were cut from a scrapbook paper and I added Stickles dots on the dress and a hat cut from black sparkly paper. The "be witchy" tickets are from an image CD covered with glossy accents. The teeny little black cat is a piece of Halloween confetti and the edges are sprinkled with gold glitter.




1 comment:

Karin said...

Love it! Wish we were having some fall weather. It's been so hot!