"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Inspiration Swap


I host a monthly inspiration mingle on an online group where I post a photo to inspire projects for those participating. For February there were only two signed up, so we did a one-on-one swap.  Here is the original photo - it's a lovely pillow from the Z Gallerie catalog. (Not sure why it's so small!)



This is the beautiful tag I received from Jean in sunny Florida. The photo doesn't do it justice as the background is stamped and then covered in very sheer fabric.  There are tiny silver beads(?) sprinkled throughout.  The flower is several layers of the same fabric - gorgeous!

  

And this is the little canvas pennant I sent to her. I wanted to mist the background but didn't have any colors similar to the inspiration, so I mixed red and blue Adirondack Color Washes until I achieved a good lavendar.  I spritzed the background as well as the silk ribbon.  The flowers are various papers layered (used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die); coiled (used the Sizzix 3D Spiral Flower die) and hand-cut and rolled.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful Susan. Love them both.

Robin said...

Your piece as well as what you received are all wonderful!

Hugs,
Robin

Elaine Akers said...

Wow, that pendant is awesome. Wear it often. :-)

Elaine Akers said...

Love both pieces from the inspiration swap. Kudo's to you and Jean.