"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Organization - "Lotions and Potions"

Lotions and potions - you know, all those liquid products we have for making art - how do you store them?  This week the organizational post at The Little Blue House addresses this very issue.  

These are some of my solutions for keeping order with all these items.  I have several "Crop 'n Style" (Michael's version) wooden cubbies with various size drawers.  One has a large drawer with partitions (see below) and I keep my paint dabbers, Glossy Accents and Diamond Glaze, gel mediums, and "specialty" paints in this drawer.



Another cubbie has four narrower drawers and one of these is just perfect for my reinkers.




I love being able to recycle packaging and these baby wipe tubs are perfect for storing Stickles - 28 fit perfectly and they stay upright if you fill it.  When the bottles get low, I store them upside down so they are ready to use.


Years ago I purchased this handmade and painted little cabinet and it sat empty, just looking cute, until one day I decided it was just right for all those craft paints!


Here's a peek inside so you can see how many can fit in there.  There's still room for another layer on each shelf!


These are just a few ideas of how to store lotions and potions.  Check out fellow Little Blue House gal, Rhonda's blog HERE to see more ideas.  And don't forget to visit the LBH blog also - comment and you might just win a prize!

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

Hi Susan...

I love that little paint shelf... nice ideas... I need to get popping onthis one..