"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tub Time Layout


As promised, I'm back to tell you a bit about the layout I created for the Just Add Water kit.  These photos are of my grandson in April. It wasn't his first bath, but the first bath I was present for.  He started out liking it - until his mom got water in his eyes. Then he was inconsolable!  I decided to use these photos for the layout since the colors were perfect for some of the papers in the kit. I also wanted to show that "just add water" doesn't only refer to beach or pool subjects!



I tore the two patterned papers for the background and didn't ink the edges because I wanted the white edges to simulate the water.  I used a wave type border punch on the teal cardstock piece.  The journal card included in the kit was perfect for adding the date and brief journaling


In this closeup you can see the blue beads that I scattered throughout the layout.  The kit includes a length of clear plastic tubing which I sliced in tiny slivers to also add randomly over the layout. Both these elements suggest bubbles.


Also in the kit is a piece of beach towel which I cut into a strip and knotted to add both texture and dimension.  

I had fun with this layout and enjoyed capturing this special moment in my grandson's life.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Inspiration Gallery HERE to see all the fabulous projects created by the FPK Design Team. They are really amazing!  You can still order this kit online at www.thelittlebluehouseonline.com or stop by the Little Blue House to get yours today!

No comments: