"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Front Porch Kit Projects - Part 1

Did you enjoy seeing the  "filmtastic" kit reveal yesterday?  This kit will appeal to so many people - who doesn't take photos? It's bright and cheerful too - a winning combo!

Today I'm sharing two projects I created from the kit using the file folders. Remember these (under the cute photo booth accessories)?



For my first project, I created a camera box to accomodate loose photos. I made a pattern for a simple, small box (about 4"x6"x2") and cut it out of one file folder, then covered the inside with turquoise cardstock and the outside with two coordinating patterned papers from the kit.  I used pieces of the filmstrip to create a little window on the front as well as covering the bottle cap for the camera lens. The three "buttons" on the front were from the alphabet sticker sheet; the "knob" on  top was one of the wooden pieces and I added a small black domino as well. The black cording strap is threaded through a hole in the top of the box.


This view shows the top better.


And here you can see how many photos will fit inside.




The next project was also created from the file folders. It took the full two remaining folders. I had very little left over!  I cut both folders in half and cut away the gussets. Then I cut them down a bit and folded the bottom edges up to create pockets and folded them in half. This yielded four folded pages which were stacked inside each other and held together with the ribbon.

Here's the cover. This was the last project I created from the kit so I used the "leftovers" - bits and pieces of the cardstock and patterned papers and lots of the remaining buttons and other embellishments.


More inside pages. For the pages with the pockets, I created tags from the remaining file folders and punched tabs for the tops from scraps of assorted papers.







 This project was lots of fun to create. Though small (approximately 5" x 7"),  it will hold lots of photos
 and was a great way to use up lots of the extras in the kit!

Kits are still available for purchase online: www.thelittlebluehouseonline.com or locally at The Little Blue House (817-431-7930 or 118 W.Olive St., Keller, TX)  

Be sure to visit the online gallery (see previous link) which is chock full of beautiful eye candy - projects made by the fabulous FPK Design Team all from this kit! You will certainly be inspired!!

No comments: