"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Carrots

It's been over a week since I last posted!  I've been in the "throes" of designing for the LBH and when that happens, everything else goes by the wayside. However I am finished for the time being and have a few days off with no LBH designing, teaching or prepping on the schedule. So I've been catching up on some personal things.


Easter is coming soon and I needed to get the grand boys' baskets in the mail. Since the boys are just getting into Playdoh, I cooked up some (which I used to make for my own kids years ago) and colored it orange. If you make it yourself, you know it's nontoxic in case they try to eat it.  I placed it into two disposable pastry bags, closed them tightly and wrapped a piece of green card stock around the top which I cut with shredding scissors.  They looked pretty cute inside the baskets along with a little bunny and some other goodies, but I forgot to take pictures before sending them off.

There are probably DIY Playdoh recipes online, but this is the "ancient" one I used.

Mix together in a saucepan: 1 c. flour, 1/2 c. salt, 1 c. water, 1 tsp. cream of tartar, 1 Tbsp. cooking oil and food coloring if desired. (The recipe calls for clove scent, but I've never used it.)
Cook over low heat stirring constantly until it thickens and pulls together away from the sides of the pan.
Remove from pan and knead until smooth.
Store in airtight container.


No comments: