"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Documented Life Planner - Week 21

May Theme - Touchy Feely (Texture)
Week 21
Art Challenge: Cheesecloth
Journal Prompt: Say Cheese




 What do you think of when you say "Say Cheese" - photos of course! My little grandsons love to have their pictures taken and always say that. Now they are even starting to take selfies! I wanted to use a photo on my page this week, so when Kelly texted me this selfie of Carl on Monday I knew it was the one!

I tried to keep the page simple and light to keep the focus on his cute little face. I used some Dylusions spray inks, modeling paste, gesso and cheesecloth for the background. The large camera is a piece of fabric I had but the original was too large for the page, so I made a copy and reduced it. Because of the texture, I stamped the small cameras on tissue paper and glued them to the background rather than stamping them directly on the page. I had the two camera-related washi tapes in my stash and they were perfect for the calendar side.

I actually finished this spread early this week - it just came together very quickly. I love it - maybe because it highlights my sweet grandson?!

No comments: