"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, May 17, 2015

I'm Back!

It's been three weeks (!) since my last post here, but maybe you will forgive me when I tell you what I've been up to.

First, my husband and I left for Los Algodones, Mexico, on April 26th for some more dental work. I had an appointment for Monday the 27th and thought they would be replacing a bridge where I was experiencing some pain and sensitivity. After a few consultations, it was determined that replacement was not necessary and they filed down the crowns.  As it was, that took three days - Mexico is truly the land of maƱana! 

We returned late Wednesday night and I worked Thursday evening teaching class at the LBH.

Friday morning we received a call from our daughter, Kelly, which we thought was informing us about her weekly doctor appointment. However, she told us she was being admitted to the hospital and baby Mitchell was on his way - 2 1/2 weeks early! 

We hurriedly packed and drove to Austin, arriving just 4 minutes after his birth! It was an easy and quick delivery and baby and mom are doing well! Big brother, Carl, came to the hospital after daycare and met his new baby within the hour. It was love at first sight.

Welcome Mitchell Gregg Motz, born May 1, 2015, at 4:24 pm - 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 19" long!









I just got home from helping out on Monday night and have been trying to catch up. I have several weeks' of Documented Life caught up and am working on some art swaps that I need to finish. I will be sharing these this week.  It's good to be home, but how I miss these little guys!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Carl looks absolutely SMITTEN. Congratulations to all.

xo
SuZeQ

Carla said...

awww How sweet. Congrats to all. Mitchell is adorable.
Welcome to Texas Mitchell