"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 19

May Theme - Touchy Feely (Texture)
Week 18
Art Challenge: Stitching
Journal Prompt: All I''m After is a Life Full of Laughter




This is what I created for last week's challenge. I was inspired by the digital project below that I saw on Pinterest. 
I loved the colors, layers and stitching, but I don't do digital.



So I tried to recreate it with watercolor crayons, paints, and scraps of painted papers, vellum and book pages. I did all the stitching on the pieces first, then glued them to the page. I messily wrote the title in the upper left so it would look more like a design element rather than something to be easily read. The dividers between the days of the week are stamps and I used old Thickers letters for "laugh."


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

So colorful, so pretty.

Like you, I "don't do digital." But we sure know how to get inky and messy, don't we?

Happy crafting!
xo
SuZeQ