"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, March 4, 2016

DLP unPlanner 2016 - Feb. Week 4


My fourth week's calendar page. This time I printed on white card stock. I love adding all the stamping, stickers, washi and more. The girl holding the heart is from a card front I've saved for years. Glad to finally find a home for it!


This is the back of the calendar. I glued scraps of papers (one was a stripe tissue paper I used to wrap my grandson's Valentine gift in and I just had a tiny bit leftover), gessoed over, then stenciled, stamped and added washi tapes.  The washi on the left side is a hinge to hold the protector with the PAC for the week.


Here's my PAC - the art challenge was to use an image from a magazine or a tiny photo. The tulips are from a Joann's ad. I watercolored the background to blend in the image, stamped the words and then machine-sewed the edge.


Here you can see the PAC inside the clear page protector pocket, hinged with the black and white washi tape. I machine-stitched the scallops before cutting the protector to size.


For the fourth week of each month we are supposed to do a monthly pocket page with favorites from the month. I saved bits and pieces of ephemera all month and then made custom pockets for the various items with my Fuse tool.  The tag, upper left, shows photos of my grandsons. The little one spent the weekend with us in early Feb. and then last weekend I went to Austin to take care of both of them.  I also saved logos from the Scrapbook Expo I attended and stickers from some of my purchases this month. The heart is cut out from my Valentine card from my mom and I received several happy mail packages so I made a flip-up card for the upper pocket.


And the back - more happy mail, portions of SW boarding passes, a wrapper from Dove chocolates from my daughter, and a photo of the awesome cookies my friends and I made together one day.

So that was my week/month in a nutshell! I'm looking forward to getting started on March.

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Love it all, Susan. Especially love that you actually USE what you SAVE. It makes it all worth while, doesn't it?

Happy crafting!
xo
SuZeQ