"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, March 12, 2016

DLP unPlanner 2016 - March Week 1 cont'd

This is the weekly view for the first week of March. This month I'm trying the horizontal calendar pages for a change.  I am more familiar with the vertical format, but this gives a little more space to embellish so we will see how it goes!

For the days/numbers of the week I used the stamps that were included in the DLP kit. They were designed by Rae Missigman and I love them. I used some really old decorative paper strips to divide the days.  The "March" and "Good Vibes Only" were cut from the Bo Bunny March paper that I mentioned in yesterday's post. I'm getting a lot of mileage out of that paper! I love that tiny felt bow clip at the top - it's from the newly released She Blooms collection from Bella Blvd and Illustrated Faith.



The PAC art challenge for week 1 was "Go Splatter Crazy."  I used Colorbursts with a Tim Holtz stencil for the background and added splatters with turquoise alcohol ink and green, turquoise and bright pink watercolors. I sewed around the card with pink thread and added a die-cut paper piece from the She Blooms collection. At the moment the card is clipped to the page with the bow clip but I may add a page protector with several of this month's PACs once they are completed.



 Looking forward to seeing what the next prompts are for week 2!



1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Splatter Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. You are doing a fantastic job, Susan!

Happy crafting ...
xo
SuZeQ