"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, March 11, 2016

DLP unPlanner 2016 - March Week 1

Wow, the beginning of March ! It seems like it was just Christmas!

March Theme: Seeking Treasure - Finding Value in the Small Moments

Since we're starting a new month, there was a divider page to create. I used the original divider from the Bo Bunny calendar from the kit and added a portion of a patterned kraft file folder (Target $ Spot). I colored the diamonds and the printed circle design with gelato and a water brush.  I made the pocket from a journal card, sewing it to the kraft folder before glueing to the divider. The text was also from the same journal card paper. (This is the Bo Bunny paper collection "Calendar Girl" with 12" x 12" papers for each month. They are fun to cut up for scrapbook layouts, journals, cards, etc.)



As I've done for past months, I added a tag inside the pocket with the theme for the month. This tag was colored with Distress Inks and then splattered with water. The water was blotted off after a few minutes, leaving the water marks. Then I stamped the flourishes and the sentiment which is a very old stamp I had and fit the theme perfectly!


Because my binder is getting full already, I used the calendar already printed rather than adding another.  I colored in the designs on the page with gelato like the front. The paper I mentioned above had a small blank calendar with green squares so I cut them in half diagonally for adding the numbers for the days. 



The green stripe washi tape shows the days I'll be babysitting Mitchell this month - a lot! No wonder I can't keep up with everything!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

I like that you're continuing on with the tag in the pocket. Perfect! I love continuity.

xo
SuZeQ