"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, June 30, 2016

DLP unPlanner - June catch up

It seems that I am always a few months behind and am always playing catch-up! I can't believe that in a few days June will be over and we will be at the half-year mark for the unPlanner!

Here are June's PACs (Pocket Art Cards). This month I cut down a four-pocket protector to stack the cards vertically. I stitched (messy, yes) the right side closed and added paper and painted reinforcers to the spine.



Week 1's challenge was to pick a shape and repeat it. I chose some stenciled scrap paper with circles and enhanced the circle theme.

Week 2 we were to doodle a flower.  This card was left over from a few months ago when we were supposed to have someone else doodle on our card. My friend, Lynette, had graciously done two cards and I had saved this one. I added the large doodled flower.



Week 3's challenge was to use tissue paper. For this card (top) I covered the background with a "dirty" inky paper towel. The text strip is a torn piece of Christy Tomlinson's printed tissue paper.  I also stamped the butterfly and word "fly" on regular white tissue paper and glued them on. I love that the tissue paper disappears once it is dry. This is a great way to add stamping to textured surfaces.

For the fourth week we needed to incorporate watercolors. I used green and blues to create the background and then stamped and heat-embossed the quote. I matted the card on black card stock - very simple.

Before I left I shared my June monthly divider and monthly view calendar.  Below are the last 2 1/2 weeks of June.  I still have a few days' to fill in on the last week.




Here is my monthly pocket page. I used a two-pocket page protector. 

n the bottom pocket I finished up my Washington DC and Colorado memories. We went to the Holocaust Museum and everyone was given an ID card of someone who was in the camps. It made it very personal. I also added a portion of the brochure from the Library of Congress and two photos which hinge with washi tape. The bottom photo is from CO and the top one is the four of us saying goodbye in the Albquerque Airport at the end of the trip.

The top pocket holds photos and the movie ticket stubs from my week of babysitting in Austin.


The back pockets hold: photos from the reunion; Delta bag claim check; and, my favorite, a scrap that Drew (age 4) wrote his name on all by himself while we were in DC. This is my favorite part of the entire project - getting to keep random scraps and mementos together along with my calendar.


So, I think I am officially caught up! Now on to July!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

With all of your ocmings and goings, I would love for you to start replying to my FB posts on "tackling it" ...

Beautiful pages, again!
xo
SuZeQ