"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I'm Back!

I've finally returned, at least for a few days! (Going to Albuquerque for the weekend to celebrate Drew's fourth birthday...)

I was in Vermont - my mom turned 88 on the 15th. She still lives alone and is going strong, having more energy most days than I do! We affectionately call her the energizer bunny.  My two brothers were there and we had a nice lobster dinner and strawberry shortcake (her tradition).

One reason I had gone was to attend my high school 50th reunion. Can't believe it's been that long! Class of 1966 had the largest class ever graduated from Stowe High at 30 students! Most of us had gone from kindergarten all the way through twelfth grade together. Sadly, seven have died, but we had a very nice turnout of about 20. We had a cocktail party at my best friend's house (she was 6 mos. old when I was born and we've known each other since) before all going to dinner together on Friday night. Saturday we had a meet-up at another local friend's house before the actual Alumni Banquet.


First Grade - 1954

Senior Year - 1966

2016


From there I flew directly back to Austin to babysit Carl and Mitchell for a week while Kelly and Josh were on a 7-day cruise.  They were so good, especially since they had never been away from their parents for that long. We had fun going to the movies and just playing together.  Mitchell is such a cute age right now (14 mos.) and Carl is just a hoot.






Other than the birthday party this weekend and an upcoming art retreat in mid-July, I'm hoping to be home for awhile and get back to creating!

3 comments:

Julie said...

All sounds wonderful. I think I picked you out in the 1st grade picture but couldn't find you in the senior picture. Sounds like good times with classmates, family, and grandboys. I think this has to be the longest I haven't seen you ever! I miss you and am looking forward to seeing my long lost friend!

Sue Kosec said...

HOW FUN for you. Love that you have the photographs from long ago (even though I could only find you in the most recent.)

Enjoy those babes and start packing for the art retreat. You KNOW how much stuff you take.

xo
SuZeQ

Carla said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Wish I had photo's from back in elementary and my high school picture well there was 900 of us so it's hard to see all of us. LOL I went to my 10 year reunion but none since.

Your grandbabies are adorable. Looks like they had fun.