It's the beginning of July and I'm current with my planner! So glad to be finally home and able to work the week while it's happening.
The new theme for July is: "I Vote Yes - Saying YES to New Experiences"
I don't always keep to the theme but it's nice to have a starting point. For the July divider page I went with red, white and blue - love these patriotic colors and what better ones to use for July?
I used another of the Bo Bunny calendar dividers and added a portion of a Bo Bunny July paper for the center. I also used a journaling card for the pocket and stamped various-sized stars randomly over the background. I colored in the border with a marker slightly diluted with water.
For the tag I inked a star embossing folder with red ink and ran a manila tag through the Cuttlebug. The ink transferred to the tag without a lot of fuss! I added an image and star cut from a vintage design journaling card, two self-adhesive ribbon strips (very old!) and stickers to spell "YES!"
|Back - monthly view|
I used the back of the calendar as it was, also coloring the border and adding a striped piece of paper for the spine, some washi, stickers and stamps. This is still a work in process since there are still several weeks to go.
I didn't want to use a full weekly view page for the first three days of July so I used the pocket from the divider that I had cut off. I divided it into three days on the front and then decorated the back with stickers and paper cutouts. This is adhered to the left spine of the next week's page as a tip-in.
|Week of July 4 - 10|
I printed this week's page on kraft card stock and decorated it with red, white and blue stickers, paper, stamps and washi.
The art challenge for this week's PAC was to add texture in any way. For the background I repurposed printed color name strips left over from a box of upholstery samples my daughter had given me. This hardly shows now but with mixed media you never know where the process will lead you. At least I know it's there! I then colored this with Neocolor II water soluble oil pastels and added texture paste through a stencil. Next I dripped red acrylic ink from the top down and added white crackle paste through drywall tape. I tore a heart from a fibrous, handmade paper and tied on an old Jenni Bowlin cardboard button with baker's twine.
The new prompts will be posted tomorrow and I'm ready!