"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Altered Book - Final Pages

And here are the last of the pages in this altered book.

This spread has a sewn vellum pocket tip-in. The background for both pages plastic wrap/watercolor technique. Paint with juicy watercolors and then lay a crumpled piece of plastic wrap over the wet paint. Remove plastic wrap to reveal a fun texture. If you let the paint dry before removing the wrap, the texture will be more defined. I also added gold foil.


The crown on this page is made with a flattened aluminum Coke can which I embossed with the Cuttlebug and an embossing folder. Then I added alcohol inks and some black paint to color it.

Metal embossed crown with magazine image

I may have shown this spread before. It's a "neighborhood" created out of various scrapbook papers with little windows and doors that open to reveal more vintage faces. The background is watery watercolors sprinkled with alcohol while wet. The water repels the alcohol making puddles that reveal the layer below.



One more three-page spread with a window in the center page with a suspended corrugated heart. The vintage sepia images are on a background of acrylic paints and gesso through a stencil.


Left page


Right page 


Center window page

This is the last spread in the book. I glued many pages together in the back to be able to cut a niche with a door (left page). The background is a napkin decoupaged over random ephemera and then a wash of walnut ink to age it.  The Bingo card is a collage I made years ago and decided to give it a home here.






Cut out niche with door revealing key and keyhole


I hope you enjoyed peeking inside my altered book. I am so addicted! I have already started prepping yet another book!

This post was scheduled to go live while I am in Chicago. We left yesterday to visit our youngest daughter there for a few days. I'm hoping for some relief from the brutal Texas heat.  I'll be back next week!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Susan, I have loved visiting your altered book. I've left comments on each installment, but for some reason, I've not been able to get them to go through. Is there any way you can remove the "click on each block that has a car?" I get to this point and it will not allow me to publish my comment.

Back to the book - I love every single thing you've done to each page. I need to make another altered book!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Crossing fingers I can publish this!
xo
SuZeQ