"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Last two spreads in my altered book

These are the last pages in my current altered book.


This spread has many layers of collaged paper, paint and stencils. The scallop at the top is a scrap of a gelli print. The images are from Stampington and a fashion magazine. I like this color scheme.


I had one page left and I didn't like all the colors I had thrown on this, mostly Dylusions spray inks. It was very bright! I used a stencil with texture paste and knew that the spray ink would bleed through the paste. Then I covered everything with black gesso and, when dry, sanded over the textured design.   so a bit of the colors would show through.

The layers are made up of an old measuring tape, a border punch scrap, a piece of the torn spine of an old book that I had gutted, a brown doily and one of Tim Holtz's paper dolls (I love these and am working through my package).  After such a disastrous, colorful beginning, it turned out to have a nice vintagey touch.



Now I need to work on the cover...

No comments: