"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Altered Book Cover finished

Last week there were workmen all over my house, tearing up tile and carpet and laying wood flooring. So I holed up in my art room and got the covers to my altered book finished!


I used a paper bag and Mod Podged two layers together. Then I cut pieces to fit in my Cuttlebug. While they were still damp (but not dripping Mod Podge!) I embossed them with different folders. Then I misted them with spray inks - the ones that turned out best were the shimmery sprays. I ran my permanent black ink pad over the embossed areas to highlight the patterns. Then I used black Stabilo pencil around the edges of each piece.

It needed a focal point and I found this glittery microscope slide that I received in a swap years ago. It worked perfectly! 






DONE!!

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

looks wonderful ... know you have enjoyed working this book and doing all the fun techniques ..... now you have a book you can treasure for a long time ... Linda