"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Handmade book for Altered Trading Coins

It's been a crazy few weeks! I spent three days last week at the VA hospital with my husband who had his 6th heart ablation. This was by far the longest one - it took seven hours plus a few hours in recovery. I am happy to say though that this one looks like it may have taken care of the arrhythmia finally. Time will tell...

We are also getting ready for some remodeling. We will be gutting the master bath and putting in a new shower, vanities, countertops, sinks and fixtures, along with new wood flooring. We are also changing all the flooring on the first floor to wood, changing out the countertop and flooring in the upstairs bath, doing wood flooring in the office upstairs and carpeting up the stairs and in the loft. Needless to say, everything has to be emptied out of the furniture, closets etc so I have been packing up for weeks. It's been a good time to sort through some things, too, and purge!

In March I participated in a swap to make little books for displaying the altered trading coins we are swapping this year. We all followed specific instructions for this, making a 3" square book with 24 clear pocket pages.  This is the one I made for my partner using some handmade, embossed paper. The closure is simply a pretty brad with silk ribbon.




Inside showing the clear pages attached to an accordion binding.

This is the one I received. It is covered in gorgeous mulberry-type paper with gold details and tied with a beaded cord laced through eyelets. It is so pretty!



Our remodeling project starts on Monday the 8th so I'm not sure how often I will be able to create projects or share here. The house will be a dusty wreck for awhile, but I will do my best!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

First up, let me say I'm hoping your husband's health improves moment-by-moment. Frightening times for both of you, I'm sure.

Secondly, HOW FUN (and dusty and messy) to have a home renovation. Lots of work for you but the end result will be beautiful.

Lastly, I'll be missing you here on the blog - hope you're not away too long.

Hugs
SuZeQ