"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, September 5, 2008

Withdrawal and other stuff!

I have become seriously addicted to my computer, e-mail and blog! It's been two weeks since we've had Internet service and will be another five days until they can get to us! In the meantime, I've been camping out at our library to get online. But I can't wait to be able to get online any time I want at any time of the day.

Here are a few things I've been working on this past week.



First is the assemblage I made at "playday" last week. My theme was "Paris" and is done in a wooden box which is available here. My friend, Gloria's, father makes these - they are well-made and very reasonable. The box itself was painted with several layers of paint as nothing seemed "quite right." The final layer is basically a metallic black with a metallic bronze glaze on top. You can't see all the details from the angle of the photo, but there are pieces of metallic candy wrapper on the back; a small perfume bottle on the top ledge; a tiny glass candle holder on the lower right. The gold fleur de lys was made from clay in a mold I made from a large brad I had. I used a Krylon gold pen to color it. On the top ledge I glued a piece of vintage black lace with beading. I have no idea what the brownish area on the top is - possibly a shadow.

I also finished some cards for a couple of classes this fall. Here are the Halloween/fall/Thanksgiving cards.



Here are the Christmas cards.

My favorite is the last one. I stamped and embossed the Santa collage on red cardstock and then used bleach to color in some of the areas.

No comments: