"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Missing in Action

I went to a six-hour crop with a friend on Friday night and managed to get my Halloween cards (7 of them) finished. I had just purchased this cute witches' shoes stamp (Stampendous) the day before and was itching to use it. I used watercolor pencils and a waterbrush to color the images. The blue cast on the card is from the scan as the card is bright white.

I also worked on a few other projects which I can't share right now. They are for classes and gifts. But here is a sympathy card I made today for one of my daughter's best friends who was 6 months pregnant and just lost her baby boy. This was a quick and simple card using a Cuttlebug background and a white embossed floral image on a soft aqua cardstock. It was CASEd from a card I had seen on 2 Peas some time ago. I so hate making sympathy cards...

I was gone all weekend as I spent two days in Albuquerque with my daughter, Dana. It was a quick trip with the purpose of hand-delivering my wedding dress to see if it would fit or she liked it. I was thrilled that it mainly fit (a little tight in the arms and neck) and that she is interested in trying to re-style it. When she tried it on, it was one of those teary "mom moments". Still can't believe she's actually getting married!

And, yippee, today I received my order from the QVC Scrapbooking marathon last week - very quick turnaround! I had resisted the sales pitch of the Tim Holtz grungeboard book and tin set that day, but the next day when I saw on his blog that they were still available, I succumbed! The book is a gatefold book with grungeboard dividers between sections of cardstock. I particularly like the closure. It's smaller than I thought from seeing it on QVC, but it fits in the tin which is super cool. It's actually the embossing powder case. There were also two packages of his tile fragments included which I had used for the first time at the art retreat a few weeks ago. The sample case was covered with these tiles in all sizes and colors. I can't wait to play with my new purchases!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Susan, I just LOVE those shoes!
Too cute!