"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Busy Saturday

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's still very warm here in Texas but today was a bit nicer and it's starting to cool down a little in the evenings.


First up today was to drop by my local Michael's in Hurst where they were having a grand "re-opening" - Tim Holtz was there demoing all day and there was a make-n-take using a butterfly cut from grungeboard which we painted with a paint dabber, sanded, inked, misted with water, wiped off and then sprayed with a "homemade glimmer mist" of water and Perfect Pearls. We then attached some of Tim's new findings, swivel clasps and round metal tags. You can see mine below.


Tim was his usual bubbly self, showing great techniques and aweing everyone! It was like old home week - lots of former Recollections customers and fellow employees showed up and we had a great reunion of our own. Someone took photos so as soon as I get copies I will post some.
I worked on more of the altered cabinet cards that are due for the swap soon. The backgrounds on these two were made with watercolor crayons. I just scribbled several colors randomly over the cabinet card (after first masking the image) and used a waterbrush to blend them. I then randomly stamped various stamps with black or brown Staz On and added some embellishments. I really like how the layers built up on the backgrounds.

And, last but not least, we went to the local Mid-Cities Annual Greekfest this evening. Our neighbor's friend was in charge of the entertainment and three of her daughters were dancing. The little five-year olds were adorable and did a great job. Of course, the older ones were fantastic. My hands are numb from all the clapping! The live music was great too and ... the food yummy! We brought extra baklava home - can't wait to sample it again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

wait a minute are you saying you really saw tim holtz in REAL life???? at michaels?????? no way can I touch you?????

what is michaels carrying now that is tim's ? I must go buy it tomorrow.

beautiful cabinet cards btw

Janny said...

They are beauitful!

reagan said...

How cool is that?! I have Brad Pitts mother's mirror in my guest bath, LOL! Long story, but true. How fun to get the meet Tim and do a project! Your cards are beautiful.
xoxo
Pam