"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A New Art Friend

I met a new art friend at the art retreat a few weekends ago. We each drove about 100 miles to the retreat and we live less than five miles from each other! Yesterday LaDonna graciously highlighted my blog and my cancer auction altered dress on her blog.

LaDonna does beautiful and meticulous paper cutting. I don't know how she has the patience for such detail and fine work. Visit her blog at : http://ladonnawelter.blogspot.com/ to see her lovely work. She is also a member of a group of primitive artists that sell their work on http://www.tdiptmercantile.com/ so check that out as well.

Here is a very simple card I made yesterday for a friend's birthday. It snuck up on me, so I had to do something fast and get it in the mail! The scan is horrible - the bow is baby pink; the blue is baby blue; and what shows as yellow on the bottom of the card is actually a green like what is near the scalloped border. Love that little bird $1 stamp and the simple Martha Stewart border punch.

1 comment:

La Donna Welter said...

Thank you Susan for the mention on your blog!
Blessings,
La Donna