"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Finished!

It's raining for the second straight day here in Texas and I'm loving it. We need the rain and it's helping cool the temps down a bit. I also can't resist a good excuse to stay home and art away the day in my room.

I finished the last altered cabinet card! Yay! I did this one completely different from the others. I tore and glued on patterned papers for the background, then cut out the cabinet card image and layered it over the background. I embellished with vintage lace, buttons and some black snaps and hook-and-eyes. I feel almost guilty that there's no stamping on this one!

We also have to make some sort of container to hold the cards, so I used this suitcase-type box that contained an embellishment kit by Making Memories (Passport collection). The cards fit inside perfectly and I love the window on top. It also has a cute elastic closure that fits over a copper knob.

I used two 6" x 12" coordinating papers from a Crafty Secrets paper pack to cover the inside bottom of the box, the back and spine and around the front side. This paper pack also came with coordinating labels which I used on the spine and near the closure.

Although I had no plan when starting on the box, it worked out just perfectly as these are the only scraps remaining! How's that for serendipity?These will be going in the mail this week. They will be swapped out at the end of the month when I will receive six different cabinet cards and another box in return. Can't wait to see these!

No comments: