"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another round robin page

I've finished yet another of the round robin pages for my local stamp group. Laura's book is made from regular CDs - she punched holes and attached them together with a large ring clip. Her theme is "Fruit of the Spirit" and she wanted bright "fruity" colors.



I chose faithfulness and used deep purple cardstock on the front of my page. Unbelievably, I only had one cross stamp and nothing with faith! For the background I stamped the cross stamp with Versamark and wiped over it with silver Perfect Pearls. I filled in the center cross with a silver Krylon pen, attached the cross charm and added silver Stickles. I borrowed a stamp for the wording and cut it up. The "faith" metal embellishment was part of a $1 package and I used alcohol inks to color it. I heat-embossed a glittery silver embossing powder around the edges.


On the back, I adhered a song page from an old hymnal, stippled it with purple ink and coated it with a sparkle glaze. I think the ink ran but I like the mottled coloration. The scripture is, again, a borrowed stamp. Then I added purple and silver fibers at the top.

Only two more books to work in! Can't wait to see my own finished book.

No comments: