"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, July 10, 2009

Finished at last!

After weeks of stamping, punching, cutting, printing, folding, scoring, taping and gluing, all 115 wedding invitations are finished! Although I was very excited and honored that my daughter wanted me to design and make these for her wedding and enjoyed every minute of the design and assembly, I am also sighing with relief that this task is now behind me! I am going to Albuquerque this weekend for her first shower and will hand-deliver this special package to her.

Here's a photo of all of them stacked neatly in piles ready to be boxed up somehow so I can get them on the plane with me.

And here's a closer photo of one to show the beautiful metallic Prism paper we used for the folders. I also used the Just Rite Stamper monogram for the centers of the scallops. Her colors are gunmetal, deep pink (almost fuschia) and dark orange.
I used white Prism textured cardstock for the invitations. They wanted them very plain - no ribbons, hearts etc. - but I thought they were a bit too plain. After receiving "permission," I cuttlebugged the top and bottom with the Swiss dots embossing folder.

Since I had plenty of offcuts of the metallic paper, I will probably make wedding programs too.

4 comments:

Jaclyn @ themommyrevelation said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! I knew they would be. LOVE, LOVE the swiss dots on the inside! They are true works of art. Great job!

Dede said...

I love them and the swiss dot added to it. You were a busy lady.
She is going to love them.

Robin said...

Beautiful work! Your addition of the embossing really makes them gorgeous.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan they are beautiful ..... know this is going to turn out to be a super wedding ...... Linda F