"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Under Lock and Key

I'm participating in a huge 4" x 4" "fat book" swap online. The theme is "Under Lock and Key" and we each made 38 pages. The hostess will bind the pages into a fat little book for each of us.

This is my page which I finally finished late, late last night. I had no idea what to do for this swap until I found this quote from Winston Churchill and the accompanying stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms.

I stamped the quote on ledger paper and adhered it to the background cardstock and patterned paper. The number stamp in the background is from Paper Bag Studios. The title was embossed with black embossing powder. The keyhole was embossed using the Cuttlebug and Ten Seconds Studio art metal and a real metal keyhole from Tim Holtz. (It was far too expensive to put one of these on each of 38 pages, so I made my own!) And the keys were cut with a Sizzix die out of chipboard. I then used Versamark on them and embossed with Antiquities Rust Embossing Powder (a couple of layers).

These are going in the mail tomorrow and I can hardly wait to receive a finished book back to see all the unique pages everyone made!


No comments: