"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just for Fun Stamp Samples

I think I previously mentioned that I had been asked by Debbie of Just for Fun Stamps to design some samples. This is a small family-owned company in Florida which has been around for several years. I love their stamps - they have quite a variety of styles but my favorite are their "postage frames." These come in different shapes and configurations and there are also plastic "window" templates that match each. Once you stamp the frame, you place the template over and you can sponge or stipple ink for background color as well as stamp an image. When you remove the template, there is a small border around each section. The frame is then cut out with "stamp" decorative scissors and used on cards or scrapbook pages. Another idea is to use the template on a photo or even an old greeting card, tracing the shapes and then cutting out the shapes and adhering them inside the stamped frame. You could even use the frame as journaling blocks on a scrapbook page.

So here are the first few I've made. I have several more to share in the next few posts. Most of these are using the frame stamps. For the snowman card, I cut up a Christmas card I received and hated to throw away. This is a great way to recycle and give new life to an old card!





No comments: