In addition to the two cards I made for the tutorials included with the Front Porch Kits, I made two other projects for the Inspiration Gallery on the FPKwebsite. Products used had to be from the kit, but surfaces and "lotions and potions" could be added. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to recycle and repurpose. I've been saving a few of these empty product packages for awhile, waiting for the perfect project. They are very sturdy, have a ribbon hanger and a lovely acetate window.
This was perfect for a little birdie shadowbox! I covered the inside, back and front with three of the lovely Fancy Pants and Echo Park patterned papers that were in "A Little Birdie Told Me..." kit. I used two of the bird diecuts and part of the tree/branch diecut. The little bird was covered with fabric and the momma bird was Cuttlebugged and colored with Broken China Distress Stain. The bird nest inside was made with a piece of cream burlap. I shredded a piece of the Fancy Pants "It's the Little Things" script paper to add to the nest. Other details: feather tail; wing made from one turquoise flower petal; inked "Noah" Maya Road alphas; eyes made with black Enamel Accents; pinked fabric strip around box edge; buttons stacked and added to top edge; replaced original hanger with piece of jute.
From this angle you can better see the fabric edge, buttons, hanger and the nest.
My second project started with an embroidery hoop! I misted the Echo Park "Stamp of Approval" paper with Blue Hydrangea Maya Mist for the background. A strip of Moda fabric was folded in half and ruffled on my sewing machine. This was then glued to the paper followed by three overlapping rows of border-punched papers from the kit. Then I glued the hoop to the top and cut off any excess around the edge.
The flowers were all made from papers, trim and chipboard from the kit. The rose on the right was diecut with the Sizzix 3D flower die. Do you recognize the flower stems? They are the remaining portion of the tree/branch diecut cut into pieces. Leaves were cut from burlap and inked. The chipboard alphas were painted and then covered with Glossy Accents (I am totally loving this tiny font!) For the pleated frame I cut strips of the Bella Blvd. paper (it took 3-4 strips to go completely around), pleated it by hand and then stitched down the center on the sewing machine. I was pleasantly surprised when glueing it to the hoop that it went around the curves very nicely!
Both projects were made from supplies in the kit and I still have a ton of goodies left to play with! To see more inspiration projects from the design team, check out the Front Porch Kit Gallery starting tomorrow (Monday) at: www.frontporchkits.com These gals made some amazing projects!!