"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Beautiful Gift

Look at the gorgeous necklace I was gifted with by my friend, Kristen Robinson.  Kristen makes beautiful jewelry and lovely journal pages.  I first saw her work in the Somerset magazine special issue "Somerset in Love" a few years ago and then met her at CHA in Jan. 2008.  She was very sweet and took some time to chat with me about her journaling.  Then this year we happened to be standing in line for the make-n-take at the Ideaology booth and she remembered me!  She is a Somerset "bon vivant" and has been published in their magazines many times.  Her work graces the cover of the latest issue of Somerset Life and her first book will be published sometime this summer.

I had commented on her blog for a giveaway near Valentine's Day. I didn't win the giveaway but received this beauty instead. I love it and will treasure it always.


Here's a closeup photo of the pendant (hijacked from her blog as I couldn't get a focused close-up).  She swiped a bit of white paint directly on the back of the glass and sandwiched a tiny felted heart inside.  Love, love, love it - THANK YOU Kristen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty pendent Susan.

Karin said...

Gorgeous!

Elaine Akers said...

Love the pendant your received.How wonderful.

BabyBokChoy said...

It's a huge huge trend right now, the jewelry direction! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the triangle design, it's so unique, love it! You are a lucky girl!!! though... me... i'm allergic to such metals, lol, sigh... i can literally only look and not touch :)