"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tag Swap

A friend and I have decided to do a one-on-one tag swap for awhile.  We will alternate choosing themes, color combos or whatever, create our tags and then mail them off to each other.  I started off with the theme "green" - that was it, the only criteria was it had to contain green.

This was the tag I created for my friend.  I used a gesso/alcohol ink background technique, embossed that in gold and then adhered the birdcage and bird dies.  The bird was painted and Stickled and has a wing cut from a coordinating paper.  The cage was first embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink but it didn't come out as dark as I wanted so I then embossed it with Rust embossing powder.



All the while we were each creating the tags, we had no idea we were on the same wave length! Look what I received - a tag sporting the very same diecuts!  I love this tag - it is so very textural with several layers of papers, metal embellishments and the flower with wire stamens.  


Can you believe that with just the "green" theme, we came up with such different tags but used the same elements!  This week our theme is "red" so we will see what we create for that!

3 comments:

Scatter said...

Whoa! That's spooky! Lovely tags!

Robin said...

Great minds think alike! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the red challenge.

Hugs,
Robin

sforrest2 said...

Luv the bird and bird cages. Great work. Can't wait to see what red becomes