"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Altered Composition Book

Back in early June when the Great American Scrapbook Convention was in town, I helped Vicki Chrisman with Crafty Secrets teach a workshop.  One of the projects was altering a composition book with patterned papers from their new Vintage Images CD.    This CD is awesome - it works with PCs or Macs and contains 72 color paper patterns, 24 transparent overlays that can be printed as is or on colored paper for even more variations, and numerous embellishments, frames and templates.  Full instructions are included.  Both jpg and png files are included so you can either print out the patterns as is or use them digitally.  If you love vintage, you will love this!

photo from Crafty Secrets website

This is the composition book class project.  Vicki gave me one of the kits and I've finally made it up to use for notes and information pertaining to my classes and design team assignments.  Maybe now I can keep track of everything in one place!

cover of book using one of the CD patterns, crepe ribbon and a color-misted flower


front and back of the book - LOVE that pattern on back

inside covers using another pattern from CD

This was a fun project and super simple when using the papers from the CD.  I love that these are always available to me and I will never run out of a certain pattern again!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree, the CD is awesome!

Robin said...

That CD is wonderful and I love how the composition book turned out!

Hugs,
Robin

DeeDee said...

Great book,. I too love the back print... this looks like an awesome CD.....

Linda Manning Findley said...

love this comp. book cover .... Linda F

Vicki Chrisman said...

Awesome! I cant thank you enough for all your help!! miss ya!